The holidays are the worst times to give a gift to a business client, according to gift-giving expert John Ruhlin. Your holiday gift isn’t likely to stand out and it can seem like you bought it out of obligation, he said. Ruhlin recommends buying your clients gifts at unexpected times to ensure your client remembers it and keeps you at the top of their mind. Giving gifts to your loved ones is a staple of the holiday season. But if you’re trying to make a good impression on a business client, the holiday season is the worst possible time to buy them something. That’s according to John Ruhlin, an expert in corporate gift-giving and author of the book “Giftology.” Although the subject is something of an afterthought in the business world, Ruhlin claims that strategic gift-giving can help increase a company’s referrals and lead to more meaningful relationships with clients. Ruhlin has consulted with companies such as Wells Fargo, Shell, and sports teams like the Chicago Cubs and Orlando Magic on the art of gift-giving. He said the holidays are one of three occasions in which you should avoid gift-giving. “I don’t send one gift from a business perspective between… Read full this story
- A complete guide for holiday gift-giving
- Taylor Swift's ‘Gift Giving 2014’ video goes viral, shows singer wrapping gifts for fans: ‘I am Santa Claus’
- Baby shower etiquette: Don't let gift giving become the focus
- $1.7 billion in gift card credit will go unspent this year; More than four in five Americans will exchange gift cards in 2012.
- Dwayne (The Rock) Johnson on battling depression: ‘That was my absolute worst time’
- Jury ‘deadlocked’ in Larry Seabrook corruption case and Judge Patterson says ‘give it a little more time’
- 3 ways to give during the holidays
- The 9 gifts everyone is buying on Amazon this year
- N. Korea news hits Dow: Worst new-year stretch since '08
- Former L.A. entertainment lawyer gives up his house for a year to homeless family
An expert on gift-giving explains says the holidays are the worst time of the year to send gifts to your clients have 342 words, post on www.businessinsider.com.au at November 23, 2018. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.