Cork Gaines, provided by Published 7:31 pm PST, Thursday, November 15, 2018 CBS Sports Network Ed Oliver and Major Applewhite had to be separated after the coach told his injured player he was not allowed to wear a heavy coat. The coats were reserved for players who were participating in the game. Oliver, one of the top prospects in the 2019 NFL Draft, was sitting out his fourth straight game with a knee injury. The incident came late in the first half when Applewhite walked over to Oliver, who was not dressed due to a knee injury, and told him he was not allowed to wear one of the team-issued, heavy black coats that were reserved for those playing in the game. Applewhite was seen pulling the coat off of Oliver. Things escalated as the teams retreated to the locker rooms at the end of the first half. An upset Oliver confronted Applewhite about the situation and had to be held back as the team left the field. Read more: Only 10 schools still have a legit shot to make the College Football Playoff According to ESPN’s Laura Rutledge, the temperature was in the 40s at the time. Oliver who is ranked as… Read full this story
- NFL Week 3: Cam Newton could join sidelined quarterbacks
- Report: A’s to recall top pitching prospect for Houston series
- Analysis: Patriots coaches got better of Bills on blocked punt
- This awkward university advert has got people giggling… so can YOU spot what the problem is?
- NFL trade rumors: Jaguars’ Jalen Ramsey requesting trade
- NFL Playoffs Picture 2019: AFC South Teams Ranked
- How to watch RedZone, live NFL games for free in Week 3
- 14 years ago, Gus Malzahn and Dan Mullen ‘got to talking’
- It's official: kolaches are Houston's number one obsession
- Isaacs Named USPTA College Coach of the Year
A top NFL prospect and his University of Houston coach got into a bizarre sideline confrontation over a coat have 306 words, post on www.sfgate.com at November 15, 2018. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.