By Jonathan Lansner | [email protected] | Orange County RegisterPUBLISHED: November 19, 2018 at 1:30 pm | UPDATED: November 19, 2018 at 1:30 pm Los Angeles County’s employment winning streak grew to 89 months as local bosses added 58,000 workers in the 12 months ended in October as unemployment fell in a month to 4.7 percent. Here are nine Los Angeles County job market trends gleaned by my trusty spreadsheet from the state Employment Development Dept.’s monthly report: October (seasonally unadjusted) data compared to a year ago and the average of the previous five years … 1. Jobs: 4.54 million compared to 4.49 million a year ago — up 58,000 or 1.29 percent — vs. L.A.’s 4.27 million 5-year average. It’s the largest job count this century for any October. 2. Job growth: That 1.29 percent growth rate compared to 1.31 percent a year ago and 1.75 percent two years ago. Four-county Southern California growth in October? 1.44 percent. 3. Recovery: Los Angeles County has had year-over-year job growth for 89 consecutive months dating to June 2011. In this post-recession rebound, 601,600 jobs were created, or a 2.05 percent annualized hiring pace. 4. Unemployment rate: 4.7 percent compared to 4.8 percent… Read full this story
- Los Angeles County Home Prices Still on the Rise
- Los Angeles County Arrest Records Search
- Directors of Animal Welfare: Helping Los Angeles Communities and The Animals That Inhabit Them
- Los Angeles, California Highlights
- Los Angeles Divorce: Los Angeles Child Custody Mediation
- Who Does Los Angeles's Olympic Legacy Really Serve?
- Los Angeles Car Accident Attorneys
- Los Angeles - Things To Do In The City
- Los Angeles Personal Injury Attorneys: A Guide
- Can Los Angeles Ever Love The Chargers?
9 things to know about Los Angeles County’s 4.7% unemployment in October have 257 words, post on www.presstelegram.com at November 19, 2018. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.