DAD-TO-BE Prince Harry has underlined the importance of family life in his first interview to be aired since news of Meghan Markle’s pregnancy broke.
Harry and Meghan are currently touring in Australia where the Duke of Sussex spoke about up-and-coming Invictus Games and the importance of sticking together.
In the TV interview with ABC’s Australian Story he talked about the starting the Invictus Games, which takes place in Sydney next week.
And he stressed the importance of bringing together families as part of programme that helps veterans fight back against their physical and mental injuries.
Explaining the genesis of the games, Prince Harry said: “As a former soldier I wanted to do something positive for service men and women whose lives have been turned upside down and hopefully have a positive impact on their families too.
“Let’s recover together and not just the individuals themselves but also the families.
“So within nine months we managed to we created the Invictus Games – the British public absolutely loved it in 2014 and now it’s onto Sydney”
Next week in Sydney, Invictus competitors will be competing across 11 different sports at some of the city’s most iconic venues.
The prince recalled seeing the price of war while serving in Afghanistan and on the plane home, where injured troops from Britain and Denmark were being taken home.
Prince Harry and his wife, the Duchess of Sussex, are expecting their first child in the spring, Kensington Palace said this morning.
The announcement came hours after Harry and the former Meghan Markle arrived in Sydney at the start of a 16-day visit to Australia, Fiji, Tonga and New Zealand. Hundreds of people gathered to catch a glimpse of the couple after they landed.
The palace said in a statement: “Their royal highnesses have appreciated all of the support they have received from people around the world since their wedding in May and are delighted to be able to share this happy news with the public.”
SKULL CRUSHED WITH ROCK
Student, 21, snatched, gang-raped & beaten to death in South Africa
PIMPED BY GRAN
Evil gran, 47, watched as paedo boyfriend abused her own granddaughter, 1
France floods leave six dead including nun as Hurricane Leslie lashes Europe
‘IT HURT SO DEEP’
Cancer survivor told to leave shop because face scars scared customers
Flood fears as swathes of Europe brace for week of torrential rain
Dad jailed for raping newborn daughter and breaking ribs in ‘meth haze’
After their arrival in Sydney, the prince and the former American actress held hands and walked out an airport rear entrance and into a car.
Meghan, wearing skinny black pants and a black, burgundy trimmed coat, was smiling and clutching folders, while Harry gave a thumbs up to bystanders.
The announcement of the pregnancy confirms weeks of speculation from royal watchers about why Meghan was not joining Harry on his Sydney Harbour Bridge climb set for Friday.
Harry, 34, and Meghan, 37 along with Prince William and his wife, Kate, the duchess of Cambridge have stepped to the fore in the last year as Queen Elizabeth II, 92, slightly reduces her public schedule.
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us at [email protected] or call 0207 782 4368. You can WhatsApp us on 07810 791 502. We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.
- You Can Sip Champagne at Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's Wedding Reception Venue, Frogmore House
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's wedding caterers have been revealed
- Prince Harry 'trapped by coronavirus with Meghan Markle' in Canada after borders shut
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Share Message of Support Amid Coronavirus Pandemic
- The Story Behind Meghan Markle's 'Engagement Chicken' (and the Recipe From Ina Garten!)
- Alex Rodriguez does not deny that he and fiancee Jennifer Lopez had a romantic double date with Prince Harry and Meghan Markle
- Meghan Markle 'avoids detection on £134 budget flight' back to £11m Canadian mansion
- Prince Harry 'anxious Invictus Games may be cancelled due to coronavirus'
- Meghan Markle and Harry's new plans unveiled - and it's very close to Duke's heart
- Royal baby revelation: This is what Prince Harry is doing as Meghan Markle nests
- Meghan Markle celebrates first UK Mother's Day with Archie and shares sweet message
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle urge public to text a pal or family in coronavirus quarantine as it may ‘save their life’
- Prince Harry POSTPONES the Invictus Games: Duke of Sussex posts emotional video message saying he took 'incredibly difficult decision' to make 'sensible and safe' choice to push competition back to 2021
- How tall is Meghan Markle? Why the Duchess of Sussex always looks smaller than she is
- Creator Says Decision to Write Meghan Markle Off the Show Was a ‘Gamble’ on Her Relationship With Prince Harry
- Prince Harry ‘trapped in Canada’ as Justin Trudeau shuts borders over coronavirus
- Prince Harry shares 'screenshots of his texts' to famous pal - including cheesy joke
- Meghan Markle’s dad Thomas will not walk her down the aisle as he drops out of royal wedding after admitting staging paparazzi photos and ‘suffering heart attack’
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Step Out for Their First Christmas Carol Service Together
- Queen Elizabeth Requests Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's Return to U.K. for Royal Event
Prince Harry stresses importance of families in first interview aired since news Meghan Markle is pregnant have 910 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at October 15, 2018. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.