On Wednesday night, CNN commentator Ana Navarro stopped by The Daily Show and spoke about the Republican Party in the era of Trump and weighed in on the Florida gubernatorial race. Navarro began by swiping First Lady Melania Trump, wearing a jacket that says “I Really Care, Do You?” “Since it’s Halloween, I thought I’d come dressed as a First Lady who really does care,” Navarro said to the Miami audience. Trevor Noah asked the CNN pundit if she still considers herself as a Republican. “You know, here’s the thing… I was a Republican when Donald Trump was a Democrat,” Navarro responded. “I was a Republican when Donald Trump was an Independent. And I’m a Republican now that he’s pretending to be a Republican and so many other Republicans are enabling him and allowing him to pretend.” The two discussed Trump’s influence in state-level elections, insisting that if Rep. Ron DeSantis (R-FL) wins the race for governor, not only is he “indebted” to Trump, Trump “owns the guy.” Navarro conceded to Noah that there were “elements” in the GOP that “didn’t see” and “chose not to see” since Trump entered politics, adding that there’s been a “shift in the base.” The Daily… Read full this story
- Dozens of accusers emerge after Andrew Yang's wife reveals sexual assault
- Marianne Williamson endorses Bernie Sanders for president
- AOC says Bloomberg’s stop-and-frisk damage-control bid falls short
- Moderate Democrats now in a race against the clock
- As Democrats Prepare For Impeachment, Senate GOP Tees Up More Judicial Confirmations
- Trump tweets test Attorney General Barr
- Bloomberg faces new backlash over 2015 remarks defending police targeting of black and Latino men
- Mike Bloomberg 'is considering picking Hillary Clinton as his running mate in the 2020 Democratic race to help take on Trump'
- 2020 Daily Trail Markers: Fundraising hauls and Democrats' debate hangover in Nevada
- Democrats fear rule of law crumbling under Trump
CNN’s Ana Navarro Insists She’s Still a ‘Republican,’ Stops Short of Endorsing Andrew Gillum have 313 words, post on www.mediaite.com at October 31, 2018. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.