APPLE is preparing to launch another line-up of fresh gadgets before Christmas, apparently.
Reports of a secretive October press event are piling up, despite Apple have only just unveiled news iPhones last month.
Apple October event date – when will it happen?
Every year, Apple hosts a major event in September where it reveals new tech toys.
But Apple also has a long history of hosting secondary events in October, starting back in 2010.
Here’s a list of the years where Apple held an October event, and the date on which it fell:
- 2010 – Yes (October 20)
- 2011 – Yes (October 4)
- 2012 – Yes (October 23)
- 2013 – Yes (October 22)
- 2014 – Yes (October 16)
- 2015 – No
- 2016 – Yes (October 27)
- 2017 – No
- 2018 – TBC
A report by Venture Beat has used previous October launch data to guess at a possible 2018 event date.
According to the site, Apple tends to hold its October event just a few days before its fourth-quarter financial earnings call.
This year, we’re expecting Apple to release its earnings report on November 1.
So the article claims Apple’s most likely October event day will be October 30 – with gadgets arriving just in time for Christmas.
Apple October event news – what gadgets will be announced?
There’s plenty of rumours about what Apple might show off in October.
Apple was expected to make a bunch of announcements back in September, but didn’t.
So what are we likely to see? Here are the best candidates, in descending order of likeliness:
New iPad Pro – It’s looking very likely that we’ll see upgraded versions of Apple’s premium iPad Pro. This time, we’re expecting it to feature Apple’s powerful new A12 processor (as seen in the iPhone XS). On top of that, we’ll probably see Apple’s Face ID facial recognition face-unlocking feature added too.
New MacBook – We’re expecting several new upgrades to the MacBook family. Rumour has it we’ll see a more powerful MacBook, and a new cheaper version of the Macbook Air.
PAY UP, ZUCK
Facebook could be forced to pay YOU £6,000 after ‘disaster’ hack attack
First moon OUTSIDE solar system discovered 8,000 light years from Earth
CORE OF THE PROBLEM?
Apple engineer says pressure to design iPhone is reason I’m divorced
Fortnite is a worldwide megahit – but the battle royale bubble is about to burst
GRAND THEFT HORSIE
Get Red Dead Redemption 2 at launch for just £32 with this voucher hack
Facebook reveals snooping MAPS feature that lets friends stalk your movements
Apple AirPods 2 – The big update for Apple’s wireless AirPods earbuds isn’t expected until 2019. But this year, it’s rumoured we’ll see a new pair of AirPods that are completely waterproof.
AirPower wireless charger – Apple announced the AirPower wireless charger back in 2017, giving users a way to power up three gadgets at once – the iPhone, Apple Watch and AirPods. But the company has gone quiet on the product ever since, leading to some speculation that it’ll appear later this month.
What new gadgets would you like to see announced by Apple? Let us know in the comments!
- Apple makes switching to iOS easier with new app
- Apple’s next HUGE announcement is June 22 at 6pm – WWDC 2020 dates and schedule now official
- The next iPad Air may ship with USB Type-C port
- Apple’s top-secret iPhone 12 design ‘revealed’ in video showing retro new look
- Alleged ‘iPhone 12’ designs leaked – revealing top-secret 5G phone
- Secret Apple plans reveal NINE new iPhone models could launch in 2020
- Apple is expected to announce iOS 14, macOS Big Sur and a 'huge Safari update' at its first ever 'virtual' Worldwide Developer's Conference today amid ongoing row with developers over App Store fees
- Apple sends out invites for WWDC, its first big online event of 2020
- These are the best cheap Apple deals for July 2020
- Apple TV Plus: Everything you need to know about Apple's take on streaming
- LinkedIn 'caught' spying on Apple iPhone users the way TikTok did on iOS 14
- Apple WWDC 2020 online event today: How to watch the livestream
Apple October event – ANOTHER gadget reveal incoming, with mysterious new iPads and MacBooks expected have 726 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at October 4, 2018. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.