“Zohri joined the PMI team, which had earlier served in providing support by offering services to the citizens,” Hady Prasetya, a team member of the command post in Lombok, stated through Whatsapp on Tuesday.
After the team from PMI arrived, Zohri immediately wore the PMI vest and was ready to directly visit the community to conduct his humanitarian mission, Prasetya remarked.
Zohri conducted his humanitarian mission on the sidelines of his busy schedule to defend Indonesia in other international championship events, such as the upcoming Sea Games, where the talented young athlete must undergo national training.
Earlier, the PMI personnel had visited Zohri`s house in North Lombok, one of the quake-hit areas in the West Nusa Tenggara (NTB) Province recently.
The PMI team lauded Zohri`s readiness to help the quake victims despite his activities in the national training.
Zohri won a gold medal in the 100-meter men`s sprint in the U-20 World Athletic Championship in Finland recently.
According to a press release from the national athletics association PB PASI on Thursday (July 12, 2018), Zohri finished the race in 10.18 seconds.
Zohri, whose hometown is Lombok, NTB Province, beat two athletes from the United States — Anthony Schwartz and Eric Harrison — who finished in second and third place respectively at 10.22 seconds.
An earthquake measuring 7.0 on Richter scale rocked NTB at 6:46 Western Indonesian Standard Time on Sunday, August 5, 2018.
The epicenter of the earthquake was located at 8.37 degrees southern latitude and 116.48 degrees eastern longitude, at a depth of 15 kilometers.
Meanwhile, the government will start the post-earthquake reconstruction of damaged buildings in Lombok Island in early September, Indonesia`s Public Works and Public Housing Minister Basuki Hadimuljono stated.
Reporting by Aditia Aulia Rohman
Editing by Bustanudin
- Master P, volunteers help revive New Orleans’ senior homes
- Mini brains grown in a lab are sprouting their own veins and could help cure stroke victims
- Taiwan Rejects China's Offer to Help With Quake Rescue Mission - Official
- Terry Waite: 'Hope got me through hostage hell and it'll help Ebola crisis victims too'
- Suspected El Paso Shooter’s Dad Once Sought to Help Gun Violence Victim
- A snag for a good cause! Bunnings raises tens of thousands of dollars for bushfire victims by holding sausage sizzles
- 'It Was Hell': Lesbos Volunteers Recount Harrowing Refugee Rescues
- Wine Country Wildfires: How You Can Help
- Australian make-up artist who helped put paedophile Rolf Harris behind bars breaks her silence on horrific ordeal with the disgraced entertainer that left her cowering in a cupboard
- New York psychic appears in court charged with swindling a dozen victims out of more than $1 MILLION, including a Canadian woman 'she took $740k from, insisting it would be used to buy gold coins that would be placed in a temple to protect her from danger'