One of the fanciest, most ooh-and-aah-worthy tricks in the CNET Smart Home goes a little like this:”Hey Alexa (or Google or Siri) — open the shades.””Okay!” (*all of the blinds slowly rise at the same time, filling the room with light*)Automating those shades and controlling them with voice commands is a nice, futuristic luxury, but it doesn’t come cheap. Popular systems from names like Somfy and Lutron can cost you thousands of dollars if you’re looking to outfit your whole house — and that’s why a new FCC filing for an Ikea smart blind system is so interesting.First spotted by Dave Zatz, a blogger with a very good track record at spotting upcoming gadgets before they launch, the new smart blind system appears to share the “Tradfri” brand name used by Ikea’s existing smart light offerings, and comes with a wireless push-button remote for quick adjustments. Along with a dedicated smartphone app, Tradfri products already work with Alexa, with Apple HomeKit and with the Google Assistant, so the odds are quite good that this still-hypothetical smart shades system would support voice controls, as well.Of course, the exciting part about all this (at least, exciting for smart home geeks like myself), is… Read full this story
- Installing The Correct Blinds Or Shades
- Surviving The Soon Coming Great Tribulation: Apostle's Series - Chapter Six
- I Love Cheap Wooden Blinds - Five Things I Love About Decorating With Cheap Wood Blinds
- General Health Problems - Blind Faith and Health Misconceptions
- Nano Size MAV and Smart Dust
- 5 Smart Tips for Planning Your Next Quick Trip
- A Failed War - Bad Strategy for Smart Cancer
- Budget Travel: How to Travel the Smart Way!
- Leaders Learn Lessons Which Were Soon To Be Put Into Practice
- Winter is Coming (Growing Old- A Story Out of Minnesota) Chapters 1 & 2 "The House and the Church"
Smart blinds by Ikea? Fling suggests they're coming soon have 306 words, post on www.cnet.com at September 7, 2018. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.