Associated Press Published 1:21 PM EST Nov 12, 2018 Miami — All-Star forward Jimmy Butler is now a member of the Philadelphia 76ers, after they and the Minnesota Timberwolves received approval from the league office Monday on the terms of the trade that was agreed to over the weekend. Butler and Justin Patton were traded for Philadelphia, in exchange for Robert Covington, Dario Saric and Jerryd Bayless along with a 2022 second-round draft pick. Butler will be introduced by the 76ers on Tuesday and is expected to debut with his new club Wednesday at Orlando. Philadelphia is playing at Miami on Monday. The deal gives Philadelphia a legitimate “Big Three” with Butler joining All-Star forward Joel Embiid and reigning rookie of the year Ben Simmons on a team that already was expected to be a major Eastern Conference contender this season. “We have a championship window that’s centered around the continued progression of our talented young core, as well as our ability to add elite players who elevate our program,” 76ers general manager Elton Brand said. “In Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons, we have two of the NBA’s top 20 players. Now, we’ve added a third top-20 player in Jimmy Butler,… Read full this story
- The Jimmy Butler Trade Saga Has Entered The Realm Of Farce
- Report: Pat Riley Called Tom Thibodeau A Motherfucker For Trying To Squeeze Him On A Jimmy Butler Trade
- Jimmy Butler and 76ers Hold Off Late Push by Raptors
- Jimmy Butler Called A Players-Only Meeting To Smooth Things Over. Unless He Didn't. Unless He Did. This Is Exhausting.
- Jimmy Butler: I Pooped On My Timberwolves Teammates Even Worse Than You Thought
- Report: Jimmy Butler Has Escaped Minnesota And Is Headed To The Sixers
- Timberwolves Owner Is Willing To Trade Jimmy Butler Himself If Tom Thibodeau
- After All That, Jimmy Butler Is Ready To Play For The Timberwolves Tonight
- Report: Jimmy Butler Showed Up At Timberwolves Practice To Humiliate The Stars And Yell At The GM
- Jimmy Butler Continues Trashing The Timberwolves, Karl-Anthony Towns In Post-Practice Interview
It's official: Jimmy Butler traded to 76ers from Timberwolves have 342 words, post on eu.detroitnews.com at September 24, 2018. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.