A remarkable sight was recorded by a Twin Cities fire department on Tuesday as the nation marked the 17th anniversary of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.
In a viral video posted by the Andover Fire Department, a bald eagle landed at the top of an aerial fire truck’s extended ladder and basket as firefighters observed the anniversary at the Main Street overpass at U.S. 10.
Fire Chief Jerry Streich used Facebook Live to broadcast the eagle sitting atop the ladder truck on Tuesday morning. By late afternoon, the video had been viewed nearly 1 million times.
“Look what landed on top of the aerial on 9/11. Isn’t that unbelievable?” Streich said as he narrated the scene.
The eagle then flapped its wings and flew off as Streich spoke.
- Bald Eagles - The Official Symbol for the United States of America
- Birds - The American Bald Eagle
- Bald Eagles arrive in Squamish BC
- An Eagle Figurine - Display The Beautiful American Bald Eagle
- The Dish: Where Will This Eagle Land?
- Eagle Statue -- True American Symbol
- Soaring With The Eagles: Rebounding Your Business From The Brink Of Extinction
- The Unfinished Eagle
- Automated Satellite Following System Truck Convoys
- Shipping Your Yacht Over Land