Advertisement – Continue Reading Below Belly fat is maligned for its way of tampering with any outfit that doesn’t involve a muumuu, but really there’s something way worse about the stuff: When white fat expands in your abdomen, nestling deep among your organs, it sets you up for some serious health trouble. We now know that this type of fat, called visceral fat, is metabolically active and churns out stress hormones like cortisol and inflammatory substances called cytokines that affect you body’s production of insulin. The result is worse than just being generally overweight; you’re looking at increased risks of type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, heart disease, stroke, some cancers, and even dementia.Unfortunately, some women are just more prone to carrying weight in their middle instead of their hips and thighs. Sometimes, it’s genetics—maybe your mother was more apple-shaped. Belly fat can also increase around menopause, or for women who have polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS). Even certain lifestyle habits, from lack of sleep to stress, can make your belly grow. To lose belly fat, talking with a doctor about what other factors may be affecting your weight gain can be a good place to start. From there,… Read full this story
- Weight loss: This baking soda and apple cider vinegar drink can help you burn belly fat
- Body fat and fitness, not just weight, may be key to health
- SUSANNAH CONSTANTINE reveals: The clothing diet that will help you lose a corona stone... instantly
- How to lose fat FAST: Personal trainer, 30, reveals her nine secret weight loss secrets that guarantee rapid results - and they're easier than you might think
- Mum lost 10 stone after driver threw burger at her and called her a 'fat c***'
- 5 effective fat burning exercises you can do at home
- Weight loss story: “A car accident made me change my lifestyle and lose 45 kilos!”
- 'Good riddance to bad rubbish': Gemma Collins dishes out advice to a fan who was dumped by her fiancé after her explosive split from James Argent
- STEPHEN GLOVER: This shoddy decision to end free TV licences for most over-75s will haunt the BBC's fat cat bosses
- Boy of 13 is among FOUR people now arrested after ‘sickening’ attack on two police officers on London street
13 Ways to Lose Stubborn Belly Fat For Good have 375 words, post on www.prevention.com at September 20, 2018. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.