Numis Securities has come out as the biggest winner this year in the battle of the sell-side equity analysts, although Goldman Sachs’ Rob Joyce has the strongest track record of any individual analyst, according to awards to be announced this week. Analysts from Paternoster Square-headquartered Numis won 12 awards in the Thomson Reuters Starmine analyst awards across different categories, City A.M. can reveal. Goldman’s retail analyst, Rob Joyce, was the best stock pickers in London during the past year, the data show, with an excess return for his tipped stocks of 25.4 per cent over the average. Only Bank of America Merrill Lynch’s banks and financial services analyst, Philip Middleton, matched Joyce in recording an excess return of more than 20 per cent, at 24.8 per cent. The City’s best stock pickers Rank Analyst Broker Overall Excess Return Primary Coverage Industries 1 Rob Joyce Goldman Sachs 25.4% Retail 2 Philip Middleton BofA Merrill Lynch Global Research 24.8% Banks and financial services 3 Gregor Kuglitsch UBS 18.4% Construction; consumer and business services 4 Rahim Karim Liberum 18.3% Consumer and business services; banks and financial services 5 James Hamilton Numis Securities 18.3% Banks and financial services 6 Daud Khan Canaccord Genuity 16.8%… Read full this story
- Coventry City skipper Michael Doyle's injury scare
- Pep Guardiola pens new two-year contract extension at Manchester City
- UH-Hilo presents year-end awards
- Which Stocks Make This List Of The Fastest-Growing Companies?
- Business Analyst Résumé: Building an Effective One
- Norwich City Report Card: Bye bye Angus. Hello Remi
- Allentown police honor heroism, bravery at annual awards event
- Pep Guardiola: Manchester City manager signs new deal to 2021
- CIMB Group bags industrial excellence recognition awards
- Lagos’ ‘bold march’ towards a smart city
The City's best stock analysts: Numis bags most awards as Goldman's Joyce crowned top stock picker have 276 words, post on www.cityam.com at July 22, 2018. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.