The Genesis brand was present at the 2018 Concorso d’Eleganza Villa d’Este at Lake Como last weekend,with the sexy Essentia Concept.
Easily one of the best looking cars there, the study traveled to Europe all the way from New York, where it made its premiere a couple of months ago.
Now, despite a previous report claiming that one exec is pushing for a production version, the Essentia will most likely remain a concept. But it does get a few interesting technologies that we might to see on road vehicles in the coming years.
The Essentia is loaded to the gills with tech, with some of its main features being a fingerprint sensor, facial recognition, a widescreen display and only a few physical buttons located on the steering wheel and next to the gear selector.
Thanks to its expressive styling, bubble roof, butterfly doors and long bonnet, it’s easy to mistake it with something styled by Pininfarina or some other European coachbuilder. But it’s actually the work of Hyundai, Genesis’ parent brand, which shows how far the Koreans have got in a relatively short time.
Genesis wasn’t too keen on proving any specs on its concept, except for a top speed of 269km/h (167mph) and driving range of up to 373km (232mi), as shown in the digital instrument cluster. Electric powertrain or not, we’d really love to see the Essentia making it to production, as it would give the recently launched luxury brand a halo car. Like we said, though, that’s probably not going to happen.
- By Design: Genesis Essentia Concept
- Hot Property: Unique design and natural light fill this $1M modern farmhouse-style home
- 2019 Bentley EXP 100 GT Concept
- Behind the stunning stop-motion magic of 'Kubo and the Two Strings'
- 2019 Citroen 19_19 Concept
- 2019 BMW Vision M NEXT Concept
- First electric Ferrari faster than original: 'It absolutely decimated it'
- 2019 Seat CUPRA Tavascan Concept
- New Genesis Hospital set to attract regional patients
- 2019 Kia Imagine Concept
- 2019 Audi AI:TRAIL quattro Concept
- 2019 AIWAYS U7 ion concept
- 2019 Mitsubishi L200 Absolute
- 2019 Audi AI:ME Concept
- The Women Responsible for the Look of Your Next All-Day Cafe
- 2019 Seat CUPRA Formentor Concept
- 2019 Alfa Romeo Tonale Concept
- 2018 Hyundai Le Fil Rouge Concept
- 2018 Audi e-tron GT Concept
- 2011 Fiat 500 Coupé Zagato Concept
Genesis Essentia Concept Looks Absolutely Stunning Under Natural Light have 371 words, post on www.carscoops.com at June 1, 2018. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.