APPLE is expected to launch a new pair of AirPods wireless earbuds later this year – and a recent design patent might reveal what they look like. The Sun has uncovered a recently published Apple patent that shows off a new design for earbuds. The patent – which is a legal document that protects a design or idea – was originally filed back in March 2017. But it was was made available online for public viewing this week by the US Patent and Trademark Office. The patent protects what Apple describes as ”the ornamental design for an earpiece”, but doesn’t offer any additional information. An attached image for the “earpiece” shows a hooked earbud with a thick middle core – which presumably contains the electronic components. Apple is only technically filing for the middle core of the product, rather than the hooking system. But there are two important things to note. The first is that the hooked appearance – which seems to be designed to provide a more secure and comfortable fit in the ear – could give us a clue about what Apple is working on for future products. The second is that the entirety of this earbud design is… Read full this story
- Leicester City reveal new kit and fans react
- City reveal new away kits featuring bold 'true pink' design
- Reading reveal new home and away kit for 2019/20
- What to expect at Apple's iPhone 11 and Watch 5 event today
- Should you buy… the Powerbeats Pro headphones?
- WATCH 15-Year-Old Made His Own Working DIY AirPods for $4
- Who is iPhone designer Jony Ive and why is he quitting Apple?
- Everything we know so far about this year's Apple iPhone launch
- Apple WWDC 2019 keynote: how the next iPhone software will look
- Google’s Elite Hacking Team Reveals Security Bug in iPhone
Apple quietly reveals NEW headphone design – are these the next AirPods? have 289 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at June 29, 2018. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.