Mumbai: Mahindra & Mahindra on Tuesday posted 50 percent jump in net profit to Rs 1,155 crore for the March quarter, driven by robust sales across segments including utility vehicles and tractors.
M&M had reported a net profit of Rs 770 crore during the January-March quarter of the previous fiscal.
Its revenue and other income rose by 24 percent to Rs 13,355 crore during the fourth quarter of 2017-18, compared to Rs 10,795 crore in the year-ago period, M&M said in a regulatory filing.
For the year ended March 31, 2018 the company posted a net profit of Rs 4,623 crore, up 18 percent, from Rs 3,924 crore in 2016-17.
Revenue for the year rose to Rs 48,529 crore, up 14 percent, from Rs 42,584 crore in 2016-17.
During the fourth quarter, the utility vehicle major sold 1,56,453 units, up 20 percent, from 1,30,778 units in the January-March period of 2016-17.
It sold 66,885 tractors during the period under review, up 44 percent, from 46,583 units in same period of previous fiscal.
The Mumbai-based company also exported 12,459 units during the fourth quarter, up 14 percent from 10,939 units in January-March period of 2016-17.
“For the year 2017-18, improvement in overall economic sentiment, two consecutive years of normal monsoon, government’s focus on development of agri and rural sectors, with continued investment in infrastructure,coupled with easy availability of affordable finance, helped drive the demand for the automotive as well as the tractor industry,” M&M said.
On the outlook, the company said escalation in geo-political risks, trade frictions, tightening monetary conditions, and higher crude oil prices could pose downside risks to global trade and demand growth outlook.
The company’s board, which met today, recommended a final dividend of Rs 7.50 per share of face value of Rs 5 each.
M&M shares were trading 1.71 percent up at Rs 864.10 on BSE.
- United Bank of India Q2 net profit at Rs 124 crore as bad loans fall substantially
- RBI Imposes Rs 2 Crore Fine On Kotak Mahindra Bank
- Graphite India Q2 net profit dips 83% to Rs 185 crore
- Graphite India Q2 profit zooms over 10 times to Rs 912 crore
- Ramco Cements Q2 net up 68% at Rs 168 crore
- Infiniti to raise Rs 750 crore from Tata Sons for Croma expansion
- Tata Metaliks Q2 profit plunges 51% to Rs 23 crore
- SBI Life Q2 net falls 48% to Rs 130 crore
- JK Tyre Q2 profit jumps over 3-fold to Rs 168 crore
- SKF India Q2 profit at Rs 85 crore
- Online B2B commerce company OfBusiness raises Rs 75 crore
- RBI Slaps Penalties Worth Rs 71 Crore On 36 Banks For Non-Compliance Of SWIFT Norms
- Neo bank Juno raises Rs 21 crore in seed round
- Spice exporters suffer Rs 75 crore loss due to MIP on black pepper
- Wonderla Holidays Q2 net profit falls Rs 16 lakh
- Kotak Mahindra Bank Surges After Net Profit Rises 33% In June Quarter
- Kotak Mahindra Bank Profit Rises 51%, Asset Quality Deteriorates
- Petronet Q2 profit nearly doubles to Rs 1,089 crore on lower tax rate
- Mahindra Electric in talks with global players to supply electric vehicle powertrains
- Mahindra SUVs selling at BIG discounts of upto Rs. 60,000
Mahindra Q4 net surges 50% at Rs 1,155 crore have 472 words, post on zeenews.india.com at May 29, 2018. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.