Updated: Thursday, May 10, 2018, 8:20 a.m. EDT: The Yale Daily News has identified the white grad student who called the cops on a black classmate as Sarah Braasch. The campus paper also sheds more light on an earlier incident when Braasch called campus police on the same classmate, Lolade Siyonbola, and another black grad student, Jean-Louis Reneson. Advertisement In a complaint submitted to campus administrators in March by Reneson and Siyonbola, the students describe organizing a small group to meet in a Hall of Graduate Studies common room. According to the complaint, Reneson got lost in the HGS building and was physically blocked by Braasch from entering the common room after he asked her for directions. When Reneson told Braasch he was a Yale student trying to meet up with his group, she accused of him of being an intruder, telling him that he “didn’t belong [there]” and was making her “uncomfortable.” Braasch eventually left the area and Reneson met up with his group, only to have four campus police officers show up because someone had reported a “suspicious character” on their floor. According to the complaint, once Reneson established that he was a Yale student, the police left…. Read full this story
- White woman calls cops on black man cheering son’s soccer game, goes viral as ‘Golfcart Gail’
- Sexual abuse of slaves by students at Founding Father’s university revealed by historians
- Politicians open up about mental health
- What is Harvard trying to hide?
- What happened to Arka? A Toronto mother seeks answers after son’s death ruled suicide
- The deadliest mass shootings in American history – from the Columbine massacre to the Las Vegas attack
- All 11 victims of synagogue shooting aged from 54 to 97 are identified
- Fear and loathing at a South Shore co-op
- David Dann on his new biography of blues-rock guitarist Michael Bloomfield
- The new parents and UK's neo-Nazi terror threat
A Black Yale Student Took a Nap in a Dorm Common Room. A White Classmate Called the Cops on Her [Updated] have 307 words, post on www.theroot.com at May 10, 2018. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.