The White House painted ex-FBI Director James Comey as a power hungry bureaucrat who relished private meetings with President Trump.“This man, Jim Comey, loves to be within the proximity of power and having dinner alone with the President,” Kellyanne Conway, counselor to the President, said on ABC News’ “Good Morning America.” “He loved being alone in the Oval Office, and wanted a piece of it.”Comey previously expressed concern about being left alone with the commander-in-chief during his first months in office — reportedly going as trying to blend in with the White House curtains so Trump wouldn’t spot him.She lambasted Comey’s leadership of the bureau, particularly over the probe into Hillary Clinton’s emails.“This guy swung an election,” Conway said. “He thought the wrong person would win.”Critics believe Comey swung the election in the President’s favor by announcing the reopening of a probe into Clinton’s use of a private email server 11 days before the election.RELATED: James Comey through the years 30 PHOTOS James Comey through the years See Gallery James Comey through the years FBI Director James Comey waits before testifying at a House Intelligence Committee hearing into alleged Russian meddling in the 2016 U.S. election, on Capitol Hill in… Read full this story
- Trump announces Van Drew will become a Republican in Oval Office meeting
- Sitting in Oval Office with Trump, Rep. Jeff Van Drew Announces Switch to Republican Party
- One of the two Democrats to vote AGAINST impeaching Donald Trump switches to the Republicans hours later and is rewarded with an Oval Office meeting with the president
- IG Report Indicates James Comey Misled Trump to Not Risk Debunking ‘Pee Tape’
- James Comey testifies before Senate Intelligence Committee
- George Conway’s New Nickname for Trump Goes Viral on Twitter
- The best Office episodes of all time
- George Conway Says Republicans Earn 'Merit Badges' By 'Telling Lies' for Donald Trump
- Trump Suggests Adam Schiff Be Subject to Guatemalan Justice for Paraphrasing Him
- George Conway Rebukes Lindsey Graham's Impeachment Criticisms: Your 'Integrity is the Dead Cat Here'
Conway suggests Comey ‘loved being alone in the Oval Office' have 336 words, post on www.aol.com at April 16, 2018. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.