While we’re just a few days into 2018, we’re already seeing big names (and small ones, too) make waves as far as Internet access goes.That means, if the first week in January is any indication, broadband and wireless consumers can expect some pretty dramatic changes and maybe even a few, cool alternative providers to choose from. Happy browsing!Here’s what you might have missed this week:ISP outlook: Clearer skies ahead A Boston startup named Starry this week announced an expansion of its fixed wireless service to parts of Los Angeles and Washington D.C. The company, which hails from the creator of Aereo (the defunct business that took a rogue approach to streaming over-the-air stations), has also promised to launch in 14 additional markets in 2018.While San Diego doesn’t appear to make the cut, the news is an encouraging step forward as far as choice in the Internet service provider realm goes. For $50 a month, Starry claims to offer download speeds of 200 Mbps with zero catches or caveats. It’s a pretty dreamy proposition for anyone tired of dealing with different Internet speed tiers, bundling and data caps.So where is Starry slated to go next? The company says it’s eyeing parts… Read full this story
- Goats scream their way through Christmas carols for a good cause
- The Coolest Stuff We Saw at CES 2018
- This Beautifully-Detailed Replica Is the Best Way to Learn About the Moon Without Actually Visiting It
- Labour seeks budget change to increase tax on top 5% of earners
- American men's life expectancy has fallen for three years in row driven by deadly drug overdoses - but women's lifespans hold steady, report reveals
- Kris Dunn’s entire life has been one big roller coaster ride
- Girl, eight, wrongly told she had a nut allergy 'was left fighting for her life in hospital after doctors failed to spot she had toxic shock syndrome'
- For the sake of life on Earth, we must put a limit on wealth
- Astrologer reveals how Mercury retrograde could improve your LOVE LIFE, as she urges people to embrace their 'inner diva' and experiment with a bold new look to find a soulmate
- Pirates’ Worley enjoying life as a father
Digital Life: The Internet in 2018: Change is on the way have 374 words, post on www.sandiegouniontribune.com at January 5, 2018. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.