A little variety in our workouts is a good thing—research has shown that switching things up helps keep us interested so we stick to our goals. But if you’re adding something new, or looking to start a routine, you want to know it’s something that will get the job done. So we asked five Rochester-area fitness pros to share their favorite go-to-exercises:Dan Deckman – Running coach at Fleet Feet Sports in RochesterDeckman ran cross country and track in high school and college, and since has participated in duathlons, triathlons, ultra-marathons and countless other races. He also is head coach of the Harley-Allendale Columbia track and cross-country teams. Go-to exercise: THE OREGON WORKOUT“The concept is simple,” Deckman explains of this exercise for distance runners. “Teach your body to go fast while in a carefully induced state of fatigue. This exercise forces the body to make adaptations to two different types of stressors for maximum training benefit.”Distances below can be adjusted according to ability level:After an easy 10-minute warmup run and some dynamic stretching, run one mile at threshold pace (about 75 percent to 80 percent of maximum effort). Then do an easy 400-meter (quarter-mile) recovery jog before repeating with another mile at… Read full this story
- JBL announces AirPods Pro-style true wireless earbuds – and they're $100 / £100 cheaper
- Bollywood Dads: Celebrity fathers over 40 who are setting lockdown fitness goals
- Huawei FreeBuds Pro true wireless earbuds to launch this week: Report
- Yami Gautam is giving us all major fitness goals through yoga
- Get fit in 15 minutes: The best exercise and nutrition to blitz love handles
- OPPO F17 Pro: With ultra-sleek design & 6 AI Portrait Cameras, this smartphone is gearing up to be a millennial favourite
- Know Comfy review: Fantastic-fitting true wireless earbuds
- AirPods vs. AirPods Pro: Should you spend the extra $100?
- Labor Day sales arrive early for the AirPods and AirPods Pro
- Exercising may not be good for COVID positive patients, suggests new study
Rochester fitness pros describe their tried-and-true exercises have 315 words, post on www.democratandchronicle.com at December 26, 2017. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.