“Phase two might be positive and might be very negative. Maybe a total termination. That is a very real possibility,” US President Donald Trump said.
Trump’s statement comes several days after he announced the US administration’s decision not to certify Iran’s compliance with the deal, also known as the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA).
The move prompted criticism from other members of the P5+1 group that brokered the historic deal in 2015, who have yet again stated that they believe Iran is in compliance with the nuclear deal.
Commenting on Washington’s move, Moscow said that Russia remains committed to the deal, is interested in preserving it and calls on all other participants of the agreement to do the same. Meanwhile, German Foreign Minister Sigmar Gabriel said on October 13 that Berlin would try to persuade the US Congress to keep the deal.
US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said on Sunday that Washington wanted to fully enforce the Iran nuclear deal as it is and “then begin the process of addressing the flaws,” emphasizing that the agreement is in the best interest of the United States.
- Pompeo says can't justify waivers for nations in Iran nuclear deal
- Iran nuclear deal: US ends waivers for nations in deal
- US ends waivers for nations in Iran nuclear deal
- US to revoke Iran nuclear cooperation sanctions waivers
- Coronavirus live updates: Trump says push for mail-in ballots is a ‘scam’
- Trump says it's OK for Pompeo to have a paid government employee wash dishes if his wife or son isn't there
- Donald Trump says it was fine for Mike Pompeo to have staffers do chores including dog-walking and dish-washing because 'maybe his wife wasn't there' as he backs firing IG who was investigating secretary of state
- Donald Trump says WHO must 'clean up its act' after threatening to permanently ends its funding over accusation it failed to sound the alarm on coronavirus
- Coronavirus live updates: BART, Muni, SFO to receive $700 million in federal aid, Trump says
- If Trump says it, does that mean it's not true?
- Pentagon Preparing for ‘Real Possibility’ of Pandemic Worsening This Winter - Leaked Memo
- Trump says Pompeo may have got staff to walk dog as ‘maybe his wife wasn’t there’ as he defends sacking watchdog
Trump Says Canceling Iran Nuclear Agreement 'Very Real Possibility' have 388 words, post on sputniknews.com at October 17, 2017. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.