The first flight between Chiang Mai, Thailand and Dong Hoi City in Quang Binh Province was officially launched on August 11 on the first air route connecting central Viet Nam and northern Thailand.
Budget airline Jetstar Pacific said 350 passengers took the 1:40 hour flight from Chiang Mai to Dong Hoi City and back on an Airbus A320.
Jetstar Pacific said it offers one-way tickets for VNĐ620,000 (US$27.4) on the new route. Currently, two weekly flights are scheduled – on Mondays and Fridays. The company says more than 5,000 passengers have already booked flights on the newly-launched Chiang Mai-Dong Hoi.
According to the provincial tourism department, the new air route will help Thai tourists travel to destinations in central and northern Viet Nam, such as Hoi An, Ninh Binh, Ha Long, Ha Noi and Sa Pa, while Vietnamese visitors will be able to take advantage of it to tour famous sites, including Doi Suthep, Wat Chedi Luan, Wat Phra Sigh, Wat Ung in Chiang Mai.
Quang Binh Province, known for beautiful beaches, the Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park and limestone caves, hosted two million tourists, 50,000 of them foreigners, in the first half of this year.
In July, a film team from Thailand filmed the caves in Quang Binh Province to introduce the landscape to Thai tourists.
Jetstar Pacific operates more than 100 weekly international flights to Singapore, Thailand, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Guangzhou, and more than 500 weekly domestic flights to most famous tourist destinations in Viet Nam. — VNS
- Thailand’s Chiang Mai Has Once Again the Worst Air Quality in the World
- Last Covid field hospital in Chiang Mai closed
- Soldiers Kill Drug Runners in Mae Fa Luang District of Chiang Rai
- Quarantine, sealed routes may be ditched as government revises re-opening plan
- Tourism 2021: opens today, closes tomorrow
- Thai Vietjet Offers 40% Discount Voucher and Lucky Draw for Free Hotel
- Boon Rawd Brewery Farm Chiangrai
- Airlines offer nearly two million tickets for sale on Tet holiday
- Airlines pushing for September reopening for domestic flights
- First Cold Snap Draws Thousands to Phu Chi Fa and Doi Inthanon Mountain Parks
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS DECEMBER 14
- Tourism reopening: ‘slow’ means ‘losing’
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS DECEMBER 22
- Heavy Haze from Brush Fires Blanketing Parts of Northern Thailand
- Top 11 Wedding Venues in Thailand
- Covid UPDATE: 261 Covid-related deaths, provincial totals
- Covid UPDATE Saturday: 261 Covid-related deaths, news briefs
- Doubts linger over 2022
- Omicron Variant Casts a Huge Shadow Over Tourism for 2022
- Thai flights up 25%, experts suggest travel bubbles, cheaper Covid tests
Chiang Mai-Dong Hoi air route opens have 422 words, post on bizhub.vn at August 14, 2017. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.