Associated Press Published 12:45 PM EDT Apr 18, 2019 FLINT, Mich. — A Canadian man convicted of terrorism for nearly killing an airport police officer in Michigan was sentenced Thursday to life in prison. U.S. prosecutors said Amor Ftouhi drove 1,000 miles from Montreal to the airport in Flint, Michigan, where he yelled “God is great” in Arabic and repeatedly stabbed Lt. Jeff Neville in 2017. Investigators said Ftouhi wanted to stab Neville, take his gun and start shooting people in the airport. He legally drove into the U.S. at Champlain, New York, and arrived in Flint five days later. He tried but failed to buy a gun at a gun show and instead bought a large knife. Prosecutors have said he told investigators his “mission was to kill and be killed.” More on freep.com: Accused Flint stabber was truck driver, married father of 3 Flint airport maintenance worker credited with saving officer’s life FBI: Stabbing suspect in Michigan days before airport attack, unable to buy gun His defense lawyer, Joan Morgan, said Ftouhi wasn’t attempting to create mass casualties and wanted to be killed so his family could collect life insurance and so he could become a martyr. Before sentencing, Ftouhi told… Read full this story
- Illegal Alien Sentenced To Prison For Running Elaborate Prostitution Operation
- Rampur court convicts five of 2008 CRPF camp attack, sentencing today
- Brussels Jewish Museum attacker gets life sentence
- Turkish journalist Ahmet Altan handed additional six years to life prison sentence
- Jennifer Lawrence, Kate Upton's nude photo hacker sentenced to prison
- Peru: Indigenous governor sentenced to prison for anti-mining protests
- Oleg Sentsov vows to fight for 'prisoners of the Kremlin'
- Yemeni Drones Target Two Saudi Airports, Airbase Using New Type of Drone - Reports
- Karachi attack, latest sign that ISI is losing control
- First look inside Kurdish-run prison in northern Syria where hundreds of suspected IS members are held
Flint airport attacker sentenced to life in prison have 315 words, post on eu.freep.com at June 22, 2017. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.