Aussie rules footy! The greatest sport ever invented! Is it the same as rugby? Why aren’t they wearing helmets? Did that team just earn a point for missing the goals? Righto, let’s give it a crack. The Objective In Australian rules football, two teams of 18 active players compete to score points by kicking an oval-shaped ball through a set of goalposts located at either end of a large oval. Players can pass the ball to teammates by either kicking it or punching it off their palm, but not by throwing it. A player that catches the ball kicked by another player earns the right to make their next move without interference, but otherwise play is mostly continuous. Players can tackle the opposition to stop their progress and to try to win the ball. Play moves forward, backward, and around all 360 degrees of the field. Kicking the ball through the goal earns six points, while other types of scores are worth one point. At the end of the game, the team with the most points wins! Advertisement Let’s Play Footy The game starts with the center bounce: An umpire bounces the ball up in the air in the center… Read full this story
- The Concussion Crisis in Australian Rules Football
- How to get started with Philips Hue: A complete guide
- High-performance driving schools: Your complete guide
- A complete guide to 'Twin Peaks' from a fan who never left
- Your complete guide to shopping in Downtown El Paso
- Remembering Les Murray, Australia's face of football for 40 years
- Why are football fans boycotting games?
- These are all the jobs available at Premier League football clubs
- People feel free to be 'openly racist,' says former football star
- Sunderland away grounds guide: Every League One ground the Black Cats will visit this season
The Complete Guide To Understanding Australian Rules Football have 294 words, post on deadspin.com at May 12, 2017. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.