The latest vehicles crash tested by European New Car Assesment Program or Euro NCAP includes new products like Skoda Kodiaq SUV, New generation Suzuki Swift, new Nissan Micra and Mini Countryman. Most of these cars faired well and the crash test results are not disappointing. The differences come in the fitment of advanced driver assistance systems. The Skoda Kodiaq is equipped as standard with an AEB system that detects pedestrians as well as other cars.Euro NCAP Secretary General, Michiel van Ratingen, said, “Euro NCAP started rewarding AEB pedestrian systems last year and we have seen a rapid uptake of the technology. We hope to see as fast an adoption of AEB systems that detect cyclists when tests of those systems form part of the rating next year.””For twenty years, Euro NCAP has been pushing manufacturers to fit new and better safety technologies: originally, such things as airbags and pre-tensioners and, nowadays, advanced driver assistance systems that will form the building blocks for the automated vehicles of tomorrow.” he added:New Generation Suzuki Swift:Euro NCAP tested both standard variant of Suzuki Swift and the one with safety pack, the new generation Swift is currently on sale in few of the European markets…. Read full this story
- Toyota Camry scores poorly in new Insurance Institute for Highway Safety crash test
- Midsize cars safer in crashes than luxury or near-luxury brands, says the IIHS
- B-25 bomber crashes into Empire State Building killing at least 14 people and injuring others in 1945
- 1 dead, 19 injured as car hits crowd after a 'Unite the Right' rally in Charlottesville; driver in custody
- Car slams into crowd in New York's Times Square; 1 dead, 22 hurt
- Journalist Michael Hastings had drugs in his system at time of high-speed crash: autopsy
- Safer roads for Europe? EU plans for all new cars to have eCall automatic emergency dial systems
- Fetty Wap recovering after motorcycle crash in N.J.
- Ratings and Review: 2016 Mercedes-Benz GLC300 hits the compact luxury crossover sweet spot
- Volvo XC90 awarded top safety rating by Insurance Institute for Highway Safety
New gen Suzuki Swift, Skoda Kodiaq & other cars crash tested by Euro NCAP have 334 words, post on auto.economictimes.indiatimes.com at May 31, 2017. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.