Story highlights Compassion for others can lead to more friends, success and sustainable happiness Training to be more compassionate changes your brain for good (CNN)Looking for a way to be happier? Are you seeking deeper connections with friends or looking for more friends? Want to relate better to your co-workers? Try a little compassion. Compassion, as one scholar describes it, is “experiencing feelings of loving kindness toward another person’s affliction.” It’s related to, but a little different from empathy, which the same scholar defines as “feeling with someone, that is, sharing the other person’s emotion.” But compassion is not for the touchy-feely Oprah set alone. The U.S. military and professional sports teams found real success with mindfulness and compassion training. In fact, the baseball team that incorporated mindfulness practice into their routine last year, the Chicago Cubs, won the World Series. The “lovable losers” hadn’t won a World Series in 108 years. Cat yoga: The mewest exercise trend “‘This training is not for wimps,’ as my grad student, who was a former football player, used to say,” said Amishi Jha, an associate professor of psychology. “This is for the toughest of the tough who want to make the world better… Read full this story
- Happy Ram Navami 2021: Images, Quotes, Wishes, Messages, Cards, Greetings, Pictures and GIFs
- Badam Ka Halwa: Janmashtami Spl Recipe
- Eid-Ul-Fitr 2020: 30 Mutton And Beef Recipes For The Grand Feast
- Celebs getting a taste of wine success
- Appetite for success
- Miami Proud: Centner Academy Calls Itself The ‘First Happiness School’
- My Job Sucks and I Don't Know What Makes Me Happy
- ‘An easy path rarely leads you to a place of success’
- Success causes us to fail
- Vietnam cuisine: No matter what 'pho' you crave, try it and you’ll like it!
The recipe for happiness and success? Try compassion have 292 words, post on edition.cnn.com at April 12, 2017. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.