The man died in the town of Ostercappeln, north-west Germany on June 6 from complications stemming from the virus, the ministry said in a statement.
It is the first German death from the MERS virus, which emerged in the Middle East in 2012 and is from the same family as the SARS virus. It can cause coughing, fever and pneumonia.
The man is believed to have been infected with the virus while visiting an animal market on the Arabian Peninsula in February, the ministry said.
It said there were no indications he had infected others, having tested 200 people and found them all negative for the virus.
The virus has infected over 150 people in the Republic of Korea and killed 19 of them since it was first diagnosed on May 20 in a businessman who had returned from a trip to the Middle East.
- Elderly Man Dies from West Nile Virus
- A 7th person has died from vaping-related causes. The CDC is stepping up its probe of e-cigarette illnesses
- Merkel Heads to Africa in Effort to Stem Migrant Flood at Source
- 1,118 pregnant mothers out of 100,000 die in Benue from childbirth complications — Report
- The hero who died without justice: As Lord Bramall dies aged 95, not one of the detectives who hounded him over false claims he was a member of a 'VIP paedophile ring' has been punished
- Anti-Semitic Yom Kippur shooter is arrested after livestreaming himself killing two people near German synagogue while ranting about the Holocaust, feminism and immigration
- MD Schools On Newsweek's Top STEM List: Patch PM
- Bruno Ganz who starred as Hitler in Downfall movie which inspired thousands of social media spoofs has died aged 77
- A pioneering stem cell treatment restores eyesight in nearly blind patients
- Angela Merkel last East German standing in new cabinet
- 'You're going to die': Maduro's death squad interrogates an unarmed shopkeeper, 29, moments before they shoot him inside his home - contradicting the official police report that he died in an alleyway gun battle
- German police stop far-right concert over Nazi chants
German man dies of complications stemming from MERS have 324 words, post on english.vov.vn at January 16, 2017. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.