Little Shop Of Horrors is being revived again.
According to Deadline, the musical will be reworked by director Greg Berlanti for Warner Bros.
In 1960 a film version with Jack Nicholson was released and in 1986 a remake was done with Rick Moranis, Steve Martin and Ellen Greene. The story has also been told off Broadway.
Back to basics: Little Shop Of Horrors is being remade at Warner Bros, according to Deadline. Here Rick Moranis is seen with a costar in the 1986 version
Campy: The poster for the film which hinted at how campy the film was
The story is about a timid flower shop assistant who is smitten with a co-worker.
During a total eclipse, he discovers an unusual plant he names Audrey II, which feeds only on human flesh and blood.
The growing plant attracts a great deal of business for the previously struggling store.
Way back: Little Shop of Horrors is a horror comedy rock musical, by composer Alan Menken and writer Howard Ashman, about a hapless florist shop worker who raises a plant that feeds on human blood and flesh. Here is the 1960 version
The floral assistant the woman’s boyfriend (played by Steve Martin), to the plant after his accidental death.
But he has to find more bodies for the increasingly bloodthirsty plant.
This one will be a musical. Marc Platt is producing.
The 1986 film was scripted by Howard Ashman from his off-Broadway musical.
Berlanti last directed the 2010 comedy Life As We Know It but his latest efforts have been on the small screen with Supergirl, Blindspot, The Flash, Arrow, Legends Of Tomorrow, and the upcoming Riverdale.
Humorous: The first film also starred Jack Nicholson, though his name did not make the poster
- New To Netflix In July 2020: Ju-On Horror Series Arrives, Plus More Movies, TV Shows, Originals And Anime
- HBO Max: Price, Original Shows, Apps, And Everything Else There Is To Know About The Streaming Service
- How ‘American Werewolf in London’ Transformed Horror-Comedy
- What's New On HBO Max In July? More Movies, TV Shows, Anime, And Originals
- Netflix In July 2020: New Transformers Series, Plus More Movies, TV Shows, Originals And Anime
- What's On Netflix July 2020: Transformers War for Cybertron, Plus Anime, Movies, TV Shows, Originals
- New To Netflix In July 2020, Including New Transformers Show, Anime, Movies, TV Shows, And Originals
- The 35 best movies on Disney+ right now
- The best ’80s movies to stream right now
- Celebrity deaths in 2020: Famous faces lost this year from Ian Holm to Dame Vera Lynn
- Doctor Sleep Trailer Arrives, Ewan McGregor Faces Redrum in The Shining Sequel
- HBO Max: Everything to know about HBO's newer, bigger streaming app
Little Shop Of Horrors is being revived at Warner Bros after Jack Nicholson starred in the 1960 original and Rick Moranis was in the 1986 remake have 426 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at December 7, 2016. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.