LEICESTER are expected to break the bank again to complete the signing of £16million Ahmed Musa next week.
The Nigeria forward will join Nampalys Mendy, who today officially became the Foxes’ record signing.
Musa, 23, bagged 18 goals in 44 games for Russian champions CSKA Moscow last season.
His agent, Tony Harris, recently confirmed he would be on his way to the Premier League next season.
He said: “We’re finalising talks with a Premier League club, but it’s not West Ham. I was frankly surprised by this rumour.
“Yes, he’s coming to England. But Musa’s not joining West Ham.”
Reports from Russia claim the striker will fly to England on Tuesday and is said to be in “great shape” ahead of his medical.
Southampton were also keen on the Nigerian captain as a replacement for Sadio Mane.
But it appears the lure of Champions League football and life with the Premier League champions has swung Musa towards Leicester.
- Kaia Gerber is classically chic in a leather blazer and suede flares as she takes a break from the runway during Milan Fashion Week
- Elizabeth Warren steps up the heat on Mike Bloomberg over the women made to sign NDAs over sexual harassment claims by publishing 'release' to let them speak
- Tax break draws firms to Mid-Market
- Analyst Calls: ICICI Securities, Ambuja Cement, Axis Bank
- Unexpected global slowdown may impact EM investments: Masato Miyachi, MUFG Bank
- Mauritius in FATF 'grey list'; worried banks, fund advisors knock SEBI's doors
- Trump-Modi sign 3 key MoUs; finalised $3 billion defence deal
- 5 day working week for Maharashtra teachers proposed
- Landmark second world war ceremony in Moscow poses dilemma for UK and US
- STEPHEN GLOVER: Why I'm so queasy about Prince Harry and Meghan Markle cosying up to rapacious bank giants