THE Inbetweeners stars vowed never to return after releasing their movie sequel.
But two of the funny foursome, JOE THOMAS and JAMES BUCKLEY, clearly still want to be “fwends” and are linking up once again.
I can reveal the lads, who played Simon Cooper and Jay Cartwright, are starring in a new sitcom written by Damon Beasley, one half of the hit E4 comedy’s co-creators.
Details of the plot are being kept under wraps but James has given fans of the new comedy — also destined for E4 — a glimpse of what to expect.
Speaking on the latest podcast from The Sun’s Dream Team, which he hosts, the actor revealed: “We’ll be filming towards the end of the year.
“It’s going to be set in Essex in the Eighties.”
The Inbetweeners is one of the big comedy success stories of the past decade, spawning three series and two movies that raked in millions.
But the lads were keen to put their life as naughty schoolboys behind them after the 2014 film sequel, despite its success, and throw themselves into personal projects.
Their final interview as a foursome, alongside BLAKE HARRISON and SIMON BIRD, was in my Bizarre column.
Simon, who played nerdy Will McKenzie, said at the time: “There’s no third film. This is our last interview ever. Ever, ever, ever.”
Joe added: “We should take a moment — it’s like the fall of the Berlin Wall.”
The new sitcom will certainly be James and Joe’s biggest project since the spin-off films.
Both have been spending time behind the scenes writing, while Joe appeared in Channel 4’s Fresh Meat.
However, I’m sure the pair will be bursting to get back in front of the camera causing more mischief.
I just hope James has learned to ride a motorbike by now.
CATHERINE TATE’s ex-lovers JASON ORANGE and ADRIAN CHILES will be feeling relief today after ending their romances with her with every hair still in place.
The comic has confessed she once shaved off a former boyfriend’s barnet as a punishment.
Catherine unleashed the clippers on the unnamed ex after he kept stumbling home late and drunk, then kept her awake with his boozy snoozing.
Speaking on an upcoming episode of ALAN DAVIES’ comedy chat show As Yet Untitled, which returns tomorrow on Dave, she said: “I had waited for my boyfriend at the time to come home at 11 when he said that he would, but he rolled in at two.
“It was a recurring thing . . . so there he was asleep and I was so livid I couldn’t sleep.
“I wouldn’t say I’m a vengeful person, but in the moment I thought, ‘Cut his hair off – that will teach him’. So I did it.
But Catherine admitted she felt immediate remorse after realising that she would only be able to do half a job.
She added: “What you notice when you cut off someone’s hair when they are asleep is that you can only do one side, so it is going to end up looking lop-sided.
“The moment I stopped cutting it, a voice in my head said, ‘You’re f***ing mental. You’re absolutely crackers’.”
“When he woke up, I was so petrified words couldn’t come out. I watched him go to the bathroom, look up and he was like, ‘What the f*** has happened to my hair?’
“I thought he was going to have a heart attack.”
EMMA WILLIS has followed The Voice over to ITV.
The Big Brother presenter was officially unveiled as the revamped show’s host yesterday, having fronted the BBC version for the past three series.
But this time she will be flying solo, as regular co-host MARVIN HUMES won’t be joining her.
Emma, right, said: “The Voice UK is very close to my heart and I’m absolutely delighted to be back on the show. Roll on the blind auditions.”
It’s a great break for Emma and truly elevates her into the A-list of UK telly presenters.
Marvin, meanwhile, still has a huge career ahead of him and I’m confident he will soon land a big show of his own.
His radio career is already going great guns at Capital.
The next series of The Voice airs from its new home early next year and, now that the host has been confirmed, the coaching line-up will come under closer scrutiny.
I’ve previously revealed that show bosses have failed to persuade PAUL McCARTNEY, GARY BARLOW, KYLIE MINOGUE and, most recently, JESS GLYNNE, to take a stint in the spinning chair.
JAMES CORDEN says he was so unknown in the States a year ago that staff at his own television network didn’t recognise him.
The Brit funnyman hosts the biggest night in the theatre calendar this Sunday, New York’s Tony Awards.
But he revealed security guards at CBS Studios, where he films his The Late Late Show, did not believe he worked there when he tried to enter without a pass – even though there was a 40ft poster of him hanging outside.
James said: “Two weeks after we launched I couldn’t get into our building without a pass. I went and tried to walk in quite bullishly and the security guard goes, ‘Can I see your pass?’
“I went, ‘It’s The Late Late Show With James Corden’ and he said, ‘What?’ He didn’t know it even existed. So then I said, ‘Look, that is me’ and he turned around really slowly, looked at the picture and said, ‘I don’t see it.’”
James, a Tony winner in 2012 for his role in One Man, Two Guvnors, told me in an exclusive chat this week that he is more shocked than anyone at being a hit in the US.
Probably not as shocked as that security guard will be if he tunes in for the Tonys on Sunday night.
- EastEnders: Peter Beale to return as Dayle Hudson becomes SEVENTH actor to take on the role... after Ben Hardy quit to pursue Hollywood
- LeBron James won basketball
- EastEnders’ Peter Beale makes shock return as Dayle Hudson becomes the SEVENTH actor to play the role
- Peter Beale’s explosive EastEnders return explained as new actor Dayle Hudson arrives in Albert Square
- Elizabeth Warren unveils $10.7 TRILLION 'green new deal' to end all electricity generation by fossil fuels by 2035 and claims it will create 10.6 million jobs
- Boris Johnson's 'new dawn' Brexit Bill returns to Commons today after PM vowed to 'get the vote wrapped up for Christmas'
- 'Queen Olivia is a right royal hoot!' BRIAN VINER reviews Colman's new film The Favourite, from the Venice Film Festival
- Robert Downey Jr.'s Dolittle TV Spots Reveal New Footage
- Elizabeth Warren in hypocrisy row after it's revealed she held $2,700 per head fundraiser at Boston winery – but berated fellow 2020 candidate Pete Buttigieg for his 'wine cave' fundraiser
- Full line up of I'm A Celebrity 2019 is LEAKED: BBC Radio 1 DJ Adele Roberts 'revealed as final star to join the likes of reality star Caitlyn Jenner and Rak-Su's Myles Stephenson in the jungle'
- Style experts reveal what’s hot and what’s not for your home this Christmas
- From Pogba and Aubameyang to Joao Felix and Tielemans: Each Premier League club’s most expensive transfer and who could become their new record signing this summer
Half the Tweens reunite: Joe Thomas and James Buckley reveal return in new sitcom have 1220 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at June 9, 2016. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.