President Obama on Sunday night acknowledged that the U.S. is “at war with terrorism” following a series of deadly terror attacks on American soil and around the world, and sought to assure Americans that the growing global terror threat will be defeated. Obama spoke four days after terrorists apparently associated with ISIS fatally shot 14 people and wounded 21 more in San Bernardino, Calif. Those attacks came 19 days after a series of shootings and suicide bombings in Paris killed 130. “This was an act of terrorism designed to kill innocent people,” Obama said of the San Bernardino shooting in his first Oval Office address since 2010. “I am confident we will succeed in this mission because we are on the right side of history.” The president said the San Bernardino attack was inspired by ISIS, but added that it does not appear connected to a larger terror network. Though Obama said there was no evidence that the shooters were directed by a terror network overseas or that the attack was part of a broader plot, he noted the couple “had gone down the dark path of radicalization.” He also acknowledged in his 13-minute address that the global terror threat… Read full this story
- 'I'm from London': Orphaned Briton and her helpless siblings are among 859 set free from Isis camp into desert with terrorist suspects as Turkey’s brutal border war escalates
- PIERS MORGAN: Congratulations, Mr President - the real winners from your dumb and dangerous betrayal of the heroic Kurds are Iran, Russia and ISIS!
- Pope Francis Remembers 21 Christians Martyred on Libyan Beach
- POLITICO Playbook: Where we are after 3 weeks of impeachment
- Trump says 'not siding with anybody' on Syria
- Trump authorizes sanctions against Turkey amid Syria incursion, calls for end to its 'destabilizing actions'
- America’s Saudi lobby
- Trump threatens Turkey over economy
- Kurdish forces backed by US strike deal with Syria's Assad, in major shift in 8-year war
- Nigerian President Scolds Country to Change ‘Lawless Habits’ on Independence Day
Obama Vows U.S. Will 'Overcome' Terrorism, 'Destroy' ISIS in Oval Address have 320 words, post on insider.foxnews.com at December 7, 2015. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.