PARIS (AP) The latest on the deadly attacks in Paris. (All times local): 11:27 p.m. Lassana Diarra and Antoine Griezmann were among the 23-man squad that came to London, and both came on as second-half substitutes to applause. France midfielder Diarra’s cousin was killed and France forward Griezmann’s sister escaped from the Bataclan concert hall where 89 people died. Diarra lowered his head during the minute’s silence. Many France players, who had been told to play the game by the French Football Federation, looked emotional for what was the country’s first major public event since Friday’s atrocities. — 11:15 p.m. The chairman of the U.S. Senate intelligence committee says there’s a ”strong likelihood” that the Paris attacks were directed, rather than just inspired, by the Islamic State group in Syria. Senator Richard Burr, a Republican from North Carolina, also said Tuesday it was likely the attack plotters in Syria, Belgium and France used encryption to hide their communications from authorities. Burr, speaking to reporters after a classified intelligence briefing, said there was no direct evidence of encryption, but that authorities had concluded it was used because they have uncovered no evidence of conversations among the plotters. Such a statement acknowledges… Read full this story
- Brexit news latest – Boris Johnson prepares for ‘Australian-style’ trade rules as No Deal looms after EU talks
- UCSF-led researchers dig deep into coronavirus structure, identify drugs that could diminish COVID effects
- 50 best documentaries on Netflix to watch right now
- Iran Vote to Push Nuclear Deal Limits After Scientist Assassinated Won't Hurt Future US Talks, Experts Say
- Boeing jet is forced to turn around MID-AIR after Britain bans 737 MAX planes following Ethiopia disaster, as rest of Europe and India follows suit
- Tuesday briefing: Vaccine nation – Britain's first shot at freedom
The Latest: US: Very likely IS directed the Paris attacks have 294 words, post on www.foxsports.com at November 17, 2015. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.