Steelers defensive end Cameron Heyward is eagerly awaiting the birth of his first child, but he’s hoping his son arrives before his due date — which just so happens to be on Sunday.
Heyward hasn’t laid out any definitive plans for what he might do if his wife, Allie, goes into labor Sunday when the Steelers will host the Oakland Raiders. He hinted that his role as a new father will come first, but is praying he doesn’t have to make that choice.
“I would love to be there for my son and I want to be there for the first time he comes into the world,” Heyward told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. “I don’t think it will come to that. I have my fingers crossed that the baby comes sooner rather than later.”
The Steelers are likely hoping right along Heyward since it would be hard to replace their best defensive lineman. Nose tackle Steve McLendon could slide over to end if necessary while Cam Thomas and rookie L.T. Walton would also be in line for reps.
Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger left no doubt what he would do when he was in a similar predicament back in 2012.
“I’m not missing the birth of my child,” Roethlisberger said via the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. “There’s no chance. I know some fans probably don’t want to hear that, but there’s no chance.”
h/t: Steelers Depot
MORE NEWS: Want stories delivered to you? Sign up for our NFL newsletters.
- Shamima Begum says she deserves sympathy after giving birth in refugee camp – but STILL doesn’t regret joining ISIS
- Bernie Ecclestone becomes father again at 89 as wife, 44, gives birth
- COVID-19 patient gives birth in Ogun
- Couple became so close to their surrogate they joined her in birthing pool
- 'I'm with you in spirit! Pregnant Katy Perry leaves fellow mother-to-be Vogue Williams 'star struck' as she wishes her well with baby's birth in touching video message
- Ex wife of fallen City guru Neil Woodford who is facing the fury of investors after shutting them out of their savings tells how he dumped her for his younger secretary while they were out walking their dogs
- Teen Mom star Ryan Edwards’ wife Mackenzie shocks fans in recent photo after dramatic weight loss
- Vili Fualaau moved back to California and cared for ex-wife Mary Kay Letourneau 'around the clock' during her last months as she battled cancer, says family lawyer
- Kailyn Lowry’s baby daddy Chris Lopez banned from baby’s birth as he admits he ‘doesn’t know’ last time he saw son Lux
- This Morning's Gino D'Acampo concerns fans after giving son Luciano DIY haircut
- Orlando Bloom is living a 'waking nightmare' as he gives update on missing dog
- Another Sunday PFT mailbag
Steelers’ Heyward hoping his wife gives birth before Sunday have 452 words, post on www.foxsports.com at November 5, 2015. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.