“Sadly, it’s a Kardashian.” With four words, and on my fourth cocktail, I joined the ranks of Meryl Streep, Oprah Winfrey, countless Real Housewives and, somewhat inexplicably, Dan Rather. I drunkenly spoke to Andy Cohen on his boozed-up carnival of a late-night talk show, Watch What Happens Live, on Sunday night. I was his “guest bartender.” For just over five years, Bravo’s scrappy, flamboyant little talk show has been broadcasting from a cramped tchotchke-adorned studio affectionately dubbed the “Bravo Clubhouse.” It began in July 2009 as a once-a-week “aftershow” for the network’s popular Real Housewives series hosted by Cohen, the man who shepherded the Ladies Who Lunch (and Flip the Tables They Ate On) franchise to zeitgeist-phenomenon status. They gabbed. They gossiped. They played kitschy games. They pounded cocktails. “We quickly realized, as we knew when we went into it, that the format works for no matter who’s there,” Cohen told me before we went live on Sunday night. With the yucksters on late-night broadcast sticking to a traditional script—hammy monologue, pre-canned banter with celebrity guests, musical performances—Watch What Happens Live was like the low-rent party down the street. It was non-conformist, unapologetic, and where everyone was having more fun…. Read full this story
- Watch What Happens Live: Sonja Morgan and Dorinda Medley dish on latest episode of RHONY on Bravo
- Robin Thede Is Ready for Amber Ruffin to Have Her Own Late Night Show
- Andy Cohen Back For Round 3 As Anderson Cooper’s Co-Host For CNN New Year’s Eve Celebration – Watch The Promo
- This Week in Late Night: Trump Is Not
- Over the Limit: Three women talk about their lives after giving up drinking
- Saturday Night Live: Scarlett Johansson returns to where she 'met the love of my life' Colin Jost... and Niall Horan appears as a ghostly strip club owner
- Chuy Bravo: Chelsea Handler's Late-Night Sidekick's Last Photo Has Fans in Mourning
- Chelsea Handler’s beloved ‘sidekick’ Chuy Bravo dead at 63
- Staffer on David Spade's new Comedy Central talk show 'killed a pedestrian in horror crash after driving drunk following show launch party'
- Priyanka-Nick Mumbai reception: Was ex-boyfriend Shahid Kapoor drunk while exiting the party with wife Mira? Fans ASK!
I Got Drunk on Bravo: My Night Bartending on ‘Watch What Happens Live’ have 360 words, post on www.thedailybeast.com at September 30, 2015. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.