The NHL’s fancy stats are going mainstream.The league announced Friday it is overhauling the statistics on its website to include advanced metrics.The multiyear partnership with software and database company SAP eventually will include searchable statistics dating to the league’s inaugural season in 1917-18. There will be 45 enhanced statistics that have grown increasingly popular in recent years by those in search of advanced metrics to measure possession and other facets of the game beyond goals and assists.The overhaul will be done in four phases, a process that started Friday with the addition of advanced statistics to the league’s website.”We’re going way beyond goals and saves and penalty minutes,” Commissioner Gary Bettman said. ”We’re going to give fans for the first time authentic stats from our real-time stats feeds. The stats and data that we will be providing can give any fan interested, especially an avid fan, insight into the game.”In recent years, fans have turned to blogs and other websites to track statistics like Corsi and Fenwick that measure how many shot attempts are taken and allowed with a given player on the ice as a measure of puck possession.Those stats will be on the new website under new names… Read full this story
- PHT’s 2019-20 predictions: NHL Awards, free agent busts, overhyped teams
- Mermaid Halloween ideas 2018 – from make-up, hair, tails and nails to the best costume ideas and fancy dress
- Lightning can’t stop Islanders, the NHL’s hottest team
- The Buzzer: A scary night for leads in the NHL
- Stunning numbers from first month of NHL season
- Rask, Rinne, Fleury are NHL’s hottest goalies so far
- Opinion | Article 370 fallout: Marginalisation of the Kashmiri mainstream
- A new stat ranks Draymond Green as the NBA's best defender. The stat is called DRAYMOND.
- Vegan jerky! Cashew cheese! Plant-based foods are big at the Fancy Food Show
- Multi-billion pound plans to overhaul rail in North of England
NHL’s fancy stats go mainstream with website overhaul have 331 words, post on www.foxsports.com at February 21, 2015. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.