Despite its release earlier this month, platform game Juju is still busting out gameplay trailers to showcase its cutesy atmosphere. In the latest serving, we’re pelted with praising press blurbs.
More than just self-congratulatory words, this latest clip has a ton of varied gameplay content on display. It shows what a versatile side-scrolling adventure Juju can be.
In the game, two characters venture out to stop an ancient evil, as per old platform game customs. Each character can be seen displaying its specific powers, which includes air dashes and rolling over enemies.
We can see vine swinging, item collection, bounce pads and underwater sections as well. These sections are slightly reminiscent of Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze that offers similar mechanisms.
Going further, Juju offers a few slight puzzle elements and hurried sections. Naturally, no platform game would be complete with a few boss fights, such as a giant toad or even a colossal robot.
There are several different locations and themes in the game. It stays as colorful as possible throughout though.
Juju was created by developer Flying Wild Hog, who hereby takes on a completely different model than they’re used to. Their previous projects are the gory Shadow Warrior remake and Hard Reset, a futuristic, dystopian shooter.
Apparently, the developer made Juju so that they could play cooperatively with lesser-skilled kids. For instance, the snake character, Peyo, is less targeted by bosses, which gives others the opportunity to lead with Juju.
Juju is out on PC for $19.99 or an unequal €19.99. A Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 version is available as well.
- Best Android Games with Bluetooth Controller Support 2020
- The best N64 games: Mario, Zelda, Perfect Dark and more
- Every game shown off or announced at the Future Games Show event
- The best PS4 games for September 2020
- The best Lego games on all time
- Electronic Arts’ game subscription service EA Play comes to Steam
- Steam summer sales offering discounts on popular video games
- Kingdoms Of Amalur: Re-Reckoning looks a lot like Kingdoms Of Amalur: Reckoning
- Co-op physics platforming monstrosity Struggling is out now
- The fall guys: why big multiplayer games almost always collapse at launch
- Playing video games does not make you a mass shooter, expert says
- The best texting games for 2020
- Xbox owners can get four FREE games this month – including Tom Clancy’s The Division
- Get your game on: The Ultimate Smartphone Guide, part IV
- Every Marvel's Avengers Pre-Order Bonus: Early Access Platform Exclusive Perks, And More
- PS5 Roundup: Pre-Order Pre-Registration, Games, Price And Release Date Rumors
- The Vita game guide: impressions of 14 launch titles
- Best Board Games 2020: Tabletop Games For Adults, Families, And More
- The best single-player games
- The best Nintendo Switch games (August 2020)
Platform Game Juju Has Lots Of Colorful Gameplay have 432 words, post on segmentnext.com at December 22, 2014. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.