Read his lips: Victor Conte wants to make it clear to the world that he never provided Alex Rodriguez with performance-enhancing drugs. Responding to an online article published Wednesday implying that “something more nefarious” occurred when A-Rod appeared at the offices of Conte’s supplement company in May of 2012 saying he was looking for nutritional advice, Conte flatly denied providing any kind of illegal or banned substances to Rodriguez. Conte’s lawyer, Mary McNamara, called the insinuations “pulled from the ether.” In several tweets promoting their article and a recent book about the Biogenesis doping scandal and Rodriguez’s involvement in it, authors Tim Elfrink and Gus Garcia-Roberts assert that Biogenesis founder Anthony Bosch testified in Rodriguez’s arbitration hearing last fall that Conte gave Rodriguez EPO, although that claim doesn’t appear in the article linked to the tweets. “I’ve read the article (and the tweets), and the implications it makes are damaging to Victor,” said McNamara, who said she is reviewing the claims. “He’s an evangelist for anti-doping. These claims seem to be pulled from the ether. He flatly and completely denies it. And I would challenge anyone to come up with proof that he gave Alex Rodriguez EPO.” “It’s simply not… Read full this story
- Special Report: Women forced to give up babies for adoption still failed by State bodies
- POLITICO London Playbook, presented by School Cuts: Cam it be true? — Ruddy Nora — Crouch End
- Sex work in Singapore: Will changes to the Women’s Charter be enough to tackle exploitation?
- Juventus show why they hired Sarri in beating Inter. PLUS: Are Man City in crisis?
- Juventus showed why it hired Sarri in beating Inter; Plus: Is Man City in crisis?
- Edited Transcript of SIEN earnings conference call or presentation 8-Aug-19 8:30pm GMT
- Edited Transcript of NUF.AX earnings conference call or presentation 30-Sep-19 12:00am GMT
- Edited Transcript of PBPB earnings conference call or presentation 6-Aug-19 9:00pm GMT
- Edited Transcript of NVRO earnings conference call or presentation 8-Aug-19 8:30pm GMT
- Ukraine dishonesty blitz: Trump made 66 false claims last week
Victor Conte flatly denies report implying that he provided Alex Rodriguez with PEDs: ‘It’s simply not true’ have 339 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at July 30, 2014. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.