advertisement advertisement advertisement Hey Kermit , try being red . Now that's not easy. advertisement advertisement That's the conclusion sisters Stephanie Vendetti and Adrienne Vendetti Hodges reached, growing up as natural-born redheads. In so many ways, the world just wasn't built for them, says Adrienne. "For prom, we'd go get our makeup done, but no one knew how to do a redhead's makeup. Our skin was so sensitive, it was hard to find products." They'd go to the store to buy hairpins, but everything was made for those much larger markets of blondes or brunettes. Worst of all, though, Adrienne remembers, was the bullying. In their small Rhode Island town, the Vendettis were the only redheads in their school. "The bullying starts early, around second or third grade," recalls Adrienne. "There are so many different names people call you: carrot top, freckle face. They make fun of your pale skin." One teacher took to calling the sisters "Red" and "Little Red," terms of endearment, for sure, but irritating. For Stephanie, the bullying and unwanted attention became so great that she chose to dye her hair blonde through high school. "You start thinking, maybe I'm not pretty," recalls Adrienne. "Redheads are… Read full this story
- She's come unstuck! Louisiana mother, 40, who sprayed her hair with Gorilla Glue FINALLY has it removed by a Beverly Hills plastic surgeon during four-hour-long $12,500 procedure
- Hats off to her! Louisiana mother, 40, who sprayed her hair with Gorilla Glue flaunts her new look on a stroll in LA after Beverly Hills plastic surgeon removed adhesive in four-hour, $12,500 procedure
- Social distancing and mask rules will have to last until at least AUTUMN, ministers believe after SAGE doomsters pushed back on easing lockdown
- Creators of color, your time in Hollywood is now
- 24 Must Have WordPress Plugins for Business Websites in 2021
- 5 ways to turn professional jealousy into inspiration to succeed
- Japan 'serial killer' said to be quiet child turned sex trade scout
- Oasis 30th anniversary reunion on the cards as Noel and Liam Gallagher ‘launch movie business’
- ‘Family always comes first’: Who will turn up to Rupert Murdoch’s 90th birthday?
Gingers Rule! How Two Redheaded Sisters Turned Hair Color Into A Growing Business have 371 words, post on www.fastcompany.com at July 17, 2014. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.