advertisement advertisement advertisement Few ad campaigns in recent times have been as memorable as the "Hello, I'm a Mac, and I'm a PC" series from a few years back. The ads showed Justin Long as the hip embodiment of Mac users and John Hodgman as the stiff personification of PC folk. Never mind that Hodgman is unquestionably cooler than Long; the point of the ads presented viewers with a question put best by Seth Stevenson at Slate : "Would you rather be the laid-back young dude or the portly old dweeb"? advertisement advertisement At its core, the campaign suggested that people who buy Macs have fundamentally different personalities than those who prefer PCs. But there's a long history of evidence failing to find any meaningful personality differences between users of competing brands. One review from the 1970s reported that the majority of studies revealed a weak connection between personality and consumer behavior at best, and in some cases none at all. With that in mind, psychologist Jeffrey Nevid of St. John's University recently wondered whether the personalities of Mac and PC users really differed as much as the ads would lead us to believe. Since each incoming St. John's student… Read full this story
- Apple’s 9 biggest announcements from WWDC 2018
- Here’s what to expect from Apple’s WWDC 2018 keynote
- iOS apps will inject new life into MacOS if Apple gets its way
- Apple’s software chief explains how iOS apps will work on Mac
- iOS 12 is Apple’s most boring update in years, and I’m totally OK with that
- Apple quietly reveals NEW headphone design – are these the next AirPods?
- Adrian Weckler: Seven ways that Apple may change the world as we know it
- Cybersecurity mistake meant Macs could have hosted nasty files
- A look back at the best tech ads of the last 35 years
- Full transcript: Recode Editor in Chief Dan Frommer answers Apple WWDC questions on Too Embarrassed to Ask
How Apple’s Famous “I’m A Mac” Ads Branded Fanboys For Life have 330 words, post on www.fastcompany.com at February 26, 2014. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.