Here is the full transcript, as prepared for delivery, of President Barack Obama’s speech this morning to announce changes to the NSA surveillance program. Stay tuned to Fox News Channel throughout the day for reaction to the changes to NSA data collection. At the dawn of our Republic, a small, secret surveillance committee borne out of the “The Sons of Liberty” was established in Boston. The group’s members included Paul Revere, and at night they would patrol the streets, reporting back any signs that the British were preparing raids against America’s early Patriots. Throughout American history, intelligence has helped secure our country and our freedoms. In the Civil War, Union balloon reconnaissance tracked the size of Confederate armies by counting the number of camp fires. In World War II, code-breaking gave us insight into Japanese war plans, and when Patton marched across Europe, intercepted communications helped save the lives of his troops. After the war, the rise of the Iron Curtain and nuclear weapons only increased the need for sustained intelligence-gathering. And so, in the early days of the Cold War, President Truman created the National Security Agency to give us insight into the Soviet bloc, and provide our leaders… Read full this story
- Former President Obama on the Loss of Kobe and Gianna Bryant: 'Nothing Is More Heartbreaking'
- Signs That the Supreme Court May Push Back Against the NSA
- Obama's Bill Clinton Moment: 'We Don't Have a Domestic Spying Program'
- Waiting for Obama
- Transcript: Jeh Johnson talks with Michael Morell on "Intelligence Matters"
- State of the Union: Obama plays politics to tackle 'stalled' progress
- Obama takes populist economic agenda on the road in four-state tour
- Obama: Pardon for Snowden Couldn’t Be Contemplated Until US Court Appearance
- How Obama should say goodbye
- Transcript: John Kennedy on "Face the Nation," February 16, 2020
TRANSCRIPT: Read President Obama's Speech on NSA Surveillance Changes have 296 words, post on insider.foxnews.com at January 17, 2014. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.