Dear Lifehacker, Sincerely, Dear Jumping Ship, Advertisement Before you make that career change, you should make sure it’s the right decision for you. Here’s how to find out, and where to go for help making the choice. First, Make Sure You Can Live on What Your New Career Pays Whatever your dream job is, or whatever the industry you’re thinking about jumping into is, the first thing you need to do is make sure you can survive on whatever you’ll make. When we asked you if you’ve pursued your passion as your career, many of you said no, simply because you wouldn’t be able to feed your family or live on an entry level salary again, and that’s important to remember—you will be entry level. Advertisement Head over to Glassdoor or Salary.com and research the positions you’re interested in. For example, a quick look at Game Designer salaries at Glassdoor shows the average salary is around $60,000/yr, with some going as high as $80-$90,000/yr. If you’re thinking about getting into video game design and development, you may think that’s a great number you can aim for, but it’s more likely that even if you have the necessary skills to jump… Read full this story
- Internships turn into life-changing careers thanks to community service
- Can Jay Inslee make climate change more than a campaign talking point?
- FIFA 20: release date, news, new modes and everything else there is to know
- From legal briefs to laughs: Lawyer's career change steers him to comedy
- Veteran's career transition provides examples for others who want to find new jobs
- Red Sox willing to change: ‘Last year was Disneyworld, this year is real baseball’
- ‘Better Call Saul’s Bob Odenkirk Dials Up A Career Role – The Contenders Emmys
- Fighting, physicality’s place in hockey is changing
- What's wrong with Trevor Rosenthal? Nationals reliever doesn't know.
- How Meghan McCain changed "The View," and how "The View" changed politics on TV
What Should I Know Before I Change Careers? have 330 words, post on lifehacker.com at June 10, 2013. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.