advertisement advertisement advertisement Even in the fail-fast-or-get-acquired world of Silicon Valley startups, Ellen Levy is a master of reinvention, turning a succession of relatively brief stints in private companies, academia, NGOs, and venture capital firms into a unique role as a super connector, a Lois Weisman of the tech world. Recently departed from LinkedIn, where she was VP of Strategic Initiatives for the past four years, Levy–who holds a PhD not in computer science but in cognitive psychology–started her career at Apple, pre-Steve Jobs's return. From there, the 42-year-old went on to roles at search engine WhoWhere, Stanford University, the Clinton Global Initiative, and countless advisory boards, becoming a one-woman bridge between the people who are looking for the next big idea in technology and the people creating it. She spoke with Fast Company about her nomadic career, building an authentic network, and why polymaths are the future of innovation. advertisement advertisement FAST COMPANY: I count close to 50 jobs and board positions in your LinkedIn profile. Is moving around a lot just in the nature of Silicon Valley–or is it something in your own nature? ELLEN LEVY: Many of my job changes stemmed from very natural transitions. When you're… Read full this story
- Zoom face and stealth recovery: Plastic surgery booming amid pandemic
- HBO Max: Everything to know about the app streaming Wonder Woman 1984
- Science-fiction in 2021: the films, TV shows and books you should know about
- Banned from Facebook for hate speech - for saying 'men are such fools': LEAH HARDY on how gossiping about Alec Baldwin's fake-Spanish young wife breached tech giant's 'community standards'
- Thomas Middleditch Talks to Lauren Lapkus About Weird Comedy Shows, Her Netflix Special, and
- Science’s pirate queen
- Tech giants need to rediscover their sense of morality and empathy—before it’s too late
- These Are the 50 Best Netflix Original Series
The Most Connected Woman In Silicon Valley? have 307 words, post on www.fastcompany.com at June 29, 2012. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.