advertisement advertisement advertisement A couple weeks ago in Bangladesh, while staring out at the frenetic street pace from my car window, I saw a crowd slowly strolling behind a white-haired dreadlocked man. He may be, it turns out, the Forrest Gump of South Asia. advertisement You see, this old dreadlocked man marches every day. He never speaks so has never explained his purpose. So people have simply made up the purpose themselves. They say he is a saint. They believe following him will bring good luck. So every morning, once spotted, this man collects a crowd of marchers who flock around him as he circles city blocks all day. He could really be marching for any number of reasons. He could be simply crazy or perhaps is searching for a coin he dropped many years ago. The facts do not point us to a clear answer so the human desire for purpose steps in. He must have purpose, it tells us; he must know something we do not know. Within the story of this white-haired, dreadlocked man lies a lesson on leadership: leaders create meaning not only by passionately evoking a vision–indeed they need not say anything at all–but by… Read full this story
- Prophet Muhammad (PBUH): The greatest leader of all times (2)
- Merkel says she's taking care of herself. But what should we know about a leader's health?
- 'Post-COVID there will be a massive change in human behaviour, market leaders; V-shaped recovery unlikely'
- INTERVIEW | Don't fret over missing record rally, focus on owning great businesses in Samvat 2077, says Centrum's Devang Mehta
- Seahawks hope Russell Wilson’s start just the beginning in ’20
- Tucker Carlson: The elites want COVID-19 lockdowns to usher in a 'Great Reset' and that should terrify you
- Formula 1's great one-off pole laps
- Trade Project Builds Somaliland’s Economy; Leaders Seek More
- Iran could harbor false hopes after Biden victory
- Full text of Chinese President Xi Jinping's remarks at the 27th APEC Economic Leaders' Meeting
Great Leaders Provide Hope have 324 words, post on www.fastcompany.com at November 29, 2010. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.