Going green always starts with good intentions, but the massive amount of green terms can sometimes be overwhelming. Here’s some of the common green terms you’ll hear and what they mean.Organic The term organic can often be used very broadly, but typically refers to products that have only organic components, produced without pesticides, herbicides, insecticides, or fertilizers or other harmful chemicals. Look for: USDA Certified OrganicSustainable Products or materials that are described as being sustainable contain materials that do not deplete the Earth of its resources and is easily replenished. There are many common types of materials that are considered sustainable:Bamboo – Bamboo is a fast-growing and renewable resource that can be used to make fabrics, flooring, furniture and other products.Jute – Jute is a long and shiny vegetable plant fiber that can be woven into a strong thread or twine. It is commonly used to create cloth or used within carpets, and rugs.Hemp – Hemp is a fast-growing plant that is most commonly used for its strong fibers to create cloth used in bags and clothing. It can grow organically and also be used to create oils for cosmetic products as well as be used in food.Sustainable Wool -… Read full this story
- Little Shop Of Horrors is being revived at Warner Bros after Jack Nicholson starred in the 1960 original and Rick Moranis was in the 1986 remake
- Sivakasi, now a ghost town, waits for a verdict on green firecrackers
- Virgil: The Left’s Long March, Enabled by Corporate America: Ten Things to Know About Kellogg’s War Against Breitbart
- This Meghan Markle-Loved Brand Is Letting You Choose What You Pay on Newly Added Sale Styles
- What’s the Best White T-shirt?
- Super Bowl party ideas, games and supplies checklist
- ‘It was all priceless’: Guardian writers on their best family holidays ever
- Talking to Animal Collective’s Panda Bear About His New Album, Portugal, and What ‘Psychedelic’ Means
- Tet in a Hanoi family: Out with the old, in with the new
- What I learned playing Metacritic’s all-time worst-scoring PC games
Green Shopping Basics - What You Should Know Before You Shop Green have 338 words, post on ezinearticles.com at April 3, 2009. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.