Iguanas are a well known and are generally well-liked among the human population. However, unless you are a lizard lover or basically a iguana lover, there are some things you may not know about this interesting creatures. Listed below are five facts about iguanas that you may not know.1. Iguanas are herbivores. This means they do not eat meat but rather plants. Some sources cite that iguanas are omnivores. Yet, iguanas should not eat animal product because their metabolism is better adapted to absorbing the proteins of a plant. Animal proteins are too multifaceted for iguanas, it won’t be used right. Basically, the proteins that animals have cannot be absorbed into the iguanas’ bodies for nutrients.What, then, happens to the proteins not absorbed? It turns into uric acid that is very dangerous for an iguana. When a build up for the uric acid happens in the iguana, it turns into a gout. Animal proteins can be very hard for iguana’s digestive system to get rid of, putting pressure on the reptiles’ kidneys. In turn, causing the reptile to have kidney complications. Feeding an iguana animal products will indeed shorten the lifespan of the iguana.2. Iguanas Are Trainable. For those who… Read full this story
- SUPER BOWL FACTS: People Will Eat 1.4 Billion Pounds Of Chicken Wings, $1.3 Billion Will Be Spent On Beer
- Mahira Sharma On Akanksha Puri’s Allegations: ‘I Don’t Know When She Saw A Love Bite On My Body’
- Young People Don’t Care About the U.S.S.R.
- We fact checked an entire Bernie Sanders speech. Here's what we found
- Six key facts experts want you to know about the coronavirus
- Gary Johnson: I Don’t Know Basic Geography So There’s No Way To Start A War!
- What we know—and don’t know—about the biology of homosexuality
- What Nigerians don’t know about Coronavirus — Dr Chiedu
- It’s 2019 and People Still Don’t Know How to Talk About Trump
- Most Americans Don’t Know How Much Facebook Knows About Them
5 Iguana Facts Many People Don't Know have 334 words, post on ezinearticles.com at November 6, 2008. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.