What’s in the perfect job? Money, of course, matters, but it isn’t the only measure of an awe-inspiring career. Creative opportunities, healthy interaction, a good challenge from time to time, and other intangible rewards all count, too. FastCompany.com brings you ten jobs that have all these qualities in spades. advertisement advertisement Appealing to the Senses Flavorist What gives your favorite foods their special taste? It’s the flavorist’s job to figure out the precise combination of chemicals. Flavorists’ creations most often mimic naturally occurring flavors while adding sharpness and robustness, though they create novel flavors as well, particularly for new candies and beverages. Whether the flavors are old or new, flavorists must ensure that their creations endure once they go into a particular food or drink. They often face special challenges, like striving for flavors that avoid triggering certain allergies, even if they taste like the allergens. Creating flavors isn’t all chemistry. It also involves a fair share of art, as different chemical combinations can produce the same flavor. Because of this intricacy, flavorists spend seven years in apprenticeship before they gain seniority. Once they have enough experience, they can make subtle manipulations in chemical formulas to produce unique versions of… Read full this story
- Former Spurs guard Danny Green didn't know he was playing through a torn groin last season
- Dolphins’ Spence: I didn’t know you could get tossed ‘for ripping guys’ helmets off’
- Bet you didn’t know criticism bothers Jerry Jones. ‘It hurts him,’ his daughter says
- 12 Things You Didn’t Know About the 2018 Kia Stinger
- Sean McVay’s dad didn’t have faith that he’d get an NFL job so soon
- What actually happened in the Bryan Colangelo Twitter saga, and what didn’t
- Athletes at Charlotte school didn't consider themselves leaders. Now, that's changing.
- Felix gave Mariners a chance, their offense and bullpen didn’t
- Felix gave Mariners a chance, their offense, defense and bullpen didn’t
- NBA agents blast NCAA rule changes: 'This is BS... They didn't do anything'
Ten Jobs You Didn’t Know You Wanted have 348 words, post on www.fastcompany.com at January 16, 2008. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.